The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since its beginning in 1921.Today, it is estimated that more than one million students participate in NHS activities. NHS chapters are found in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, many U.S. territories, and Canada. Chapter membership not only recognizes students for their accomplishments, but challenges them to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service.
The National Honor Society (NHS) of Sandpoint High School contributes thousands of hours per year of community service for the Sandpoint community.
This scholarship requires the Common Application also. Check application for specific April deadline.
- 10-12 Grade
- 3.5 GPA
- 25 service hours per year
- $15 dues per year
- 80% meeting attendance
Pick up an application in E2 or click for the Online NHS Application
During Lunch or ACCESS 1st and 3rd Thursday. All meetings are in E-2. Please make every effort to attend the Thursday meetings. If you cannot make it, please stop by anytime before Friday of the same week to sign in and check for volunteer opportunities, club information and activities.
- Concession Booth (fall/winter)
- Campus Beautification Projects (spring)
- Panhandle Animal Shelter (all year)
- NHS teacher’s aide (all year)
- Head Start (all year)
- Panida Theater (all year)
- Festival at Sandpoint (summer)
- Panhandle Alliance for Education (all year)
- Ready for Kindergarten
- Chafe 150
- Tutoring (school year)
- College Night (Oct)
- Parent/Teacher Conferences (Nov)
- Veteran’s Day Assembly (Nov)
- Toys for Tots (Dec)
- Cram Jam (Jan)
- Easter Egg Hunt (April)Service hours for other clubs at Sandpoint High School do not count towards your NHS hours.