Sandpoint High School’s Health Occupations program aligns with North Idaho College’s credits introducing students to the Health Care. The first year of Health Occupations includes “Introduction to Healthcare” and “Medical Technology.” The second year takes the students through the Certified Nursing Assistant program, aligned to Idaho State Standards. The class includes “Understanding Human Growth & Development”, basic nursing procedures, which includes clinical time in the community. As long as the student maintains a positive, honest attitude, attends and maintains 80% or higher, they are eligible for Idaho State Certified Nursing Assistant, and college credits through North Idaho College.
Health Occupations Student Association (HOSA)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Medical Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Surgical Technician, Radiology
- 4-years math
- 4-years science including Dual Credit/Honors/AP
- 4-years English
- Foreign language
- Other Professional-Technical courses
- Orientation to Health Occupations
- Diversified Health Occupations (Honors)
Successful completion of the Health Occupations program gives students the opportunity to earn up to 7 Tech Prep credits at North Idaho College.
- ALTH 106 (Working in Healthcare)
- ALTH 105 (Infection Prevention)
- ALTH 107 (Communication Skills)
- CAOT 179 (Medical Terminology)
*Contact Program Instructor for further details.